1. Tell us a bit about the image?
This is a portrait of my daughter. I attempted to make the photo look like as if it were a painting, similar to the Old Masters.
2. What inspired you to take the shot?
I was inspired by Jan van Eyck’s famous self-portrait. I wanted to recreate this portrait in my own style using my daughter as the subject.
3. What gear did you use for the shot including lighting?
Canon 6D, Canon Macro 100/2.8. Single soft box in front of model and painted background.
4. Tell us about the editing process?
I edited the picture through Photoshop. I wanted to emphasize the shadows, so I made them a bit more prominent through editing. I used a brush over the picture to create the feeling of a painting.
5. How does this piece reflect you as an artist?
This piece reflects me as I am always looking for new ideas to create with fine-art photography. As a father, I use my daughter as the subject for many photos. I find interest in capturing her varying emotions and strive to express myself through photography.
Check out his pages